Connecting

Sunday, July 8, 2018


*******


July 8th 2018



*******


lavender from Abiquiu

Cypress Tree Baby

Bee Balm Bloom

Yellow Yarrow

Hen and Chicks Succulents

The trees beyond the fence along the acequia.

Plant Babies (Zinna, Poppy and Cosmos from Floret Farms in Oregon)



I want to connect with this area I live in now.

Experience.

Live.

Admire.

Be.

I am going to check in each week to highlight my awareness of this present space.

To recognize how I feel and how my world around me feels.

To be more in tune with myself, the earth and those around me.

SO without further ado...


July 8th 2018

lavender
grape vines
sage
yarrow
rosemary
roses
dandelions
bee balm blooms


light before 6AM
sunlight streams into the house around 9AM
after noon the sun is so extreme it's hard to spend time in it directly
as the day winds down, the yard is comfortable again after 4PM


July is monsoon month
scattered thunderstorms
cooler day temperatures
nights still get a little stuffy when it doesn't reach into the 50s


hummingbirds are everywhere
life is alive in the summer here
the trees along the acequia are ripe and verdiant
it feels like a jungle here
bird watching is mesmerizing and fun



I feel very productive in the morning
noon rolls around and I just want to lounge until late in the evening
I keep feeling old childhood memories swell up
summer at my grandparents' pool
the sky above that has seen so much
the sound of cicadas
hammocks
iced sun tea
painted toes
watching the clouds roll by



~~~










Post a Comment

© Wild Side of the Moon. Design by Fearne.