Mellow Morning Melody and Memories of Moments

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Dahlia checks out the flowers Josh picked for me while I set them up for a photo shoot.

Taking a moment to capture the calm of early morning.

After multiple potty trips outside, doggy breakfasts, more potty trips outside, one cup of coffee, lots of playtime and some photo sessions, we chill.

Sure I have plenty to do.

But today I'm starting off slow.

Taking time to sit and reflect and stare at open space.

Dahlia is asleep next to me in the studio while Hanz chills in the living room.
Update:  Now Hanz is chilling with us in the studio.

Skies are grey and the air is crisp with ocean breezes.

A few birds singing but otherwise calm and silent outside.

Moments of de ja vu hit a lot around here.

Like how the little arched window at the top of the front door reminded me of my childhood homes in San Antonio.  

How I used to watch the light of day stream in and make a little "sunshine" pattern on the floor.

We are supposed to be here right now.

It's funny how that works.

Three years ago I couldn't have even imagined this.

My life has totally changed.

I've changed.

And I'm really ok with that.

I still ache for all the sad that has happened in the past.

Sadness from a big chunk of my life that I let go.

If you're part of that past and reading this post now, I hope you know I'm sorry but it had to be.

You can't live your life being stagnant.

No matter how good people are, they aren't always good for each other.

I have no regrets.

I have plenty of healing left to do.

I ache on a daily basis towards those I hurt.

I am also the happiest I've ever been.

And I'm working on allowing myself to not feel guilty about that last statement.

So a little token of love to you and myself reading this in the future.


You are loved.

You are light.

You are allowed to be happy.

Stay wavy.


~~~






Post a Comment

© Wild Side of the Moon. Design by Fearne.