Morning View

Sunday, April 1, 2018


DAY 1:  MY WEEKEND MORNING VIEW

Hanz.

My loveable.  Fluffable. Goofy as ever Husky dog.

He's totally a therapy dog for me.

And this is one of his morning rituals - scavenging for birdseed.

I put two heaping scoops of seed on those posts and he immediately starts searching for dropped treasure.  

And if a bird so happens to fly down... well he "woo woos" (husky bark for "hey!") and stares up aghast that they would try to take his treats.

My weekend morning ritual consists of coffee in my gifted mug from Shanna while living on the Oregon coast and watching this fluff from the window on our sofa.

Since it's warming up I decided to go outside for a better view... but the birds aren't quite into me outside while they eat yet.

So back in on the sofa I have nestled.

Dahlia is asleep on Josh's side of the sofa.

The door is open to let the cool breeze and spring air inside and freshen up our little adobe casita.

It's overcast today and very mellow after the blue moon last night.

It's so nice to just sit.

Listen to the outdoors (including a rooster who loves the sound of his own voice...) while sipping coffee.

And just watch the birds fight over seed and enjoy the presence of my dogs.

Josh sleeps peacefully in the bedroom.

And I just soak all of this goodness in.

Such a nice and simple way to recharge.

***

I'm participating in a month long photo challenge.

Because well, I tend to suck at these things.

And I want to amp up my commitment to pausing to appreciate a moment.

Hence the challenge.

Susannah Conway is the beautiful hostess whose inspiration has definitely helped me out during hard times.

Her passion and way with photos and words has always challenged my creative spirit.

I think I've been following her since around 2009 or so when I first got into blogging.

So without further ado.

Day 1:  MORNING VIEW

I'm going to enjoy the rest of my peaceful Easter Morning.

No joke about it.

Happy April Fools!

PS

Happy Birth Month DaddddDDDddEEeeeeeeeee









Post a Comment

© Wild Side of the Moon. Design by Fearne.