A Whole New World

Sunday, September 22, 2019


Sunlight on a tiny bloom amidst the blank page of imagination.

SX-70 Polaroid on expired film.

*****

Upon first glance this polaroid might seem unapologetically bland.

But look deeper.

Try not to make out what it is and instead what you want to see.

I see a fresh start.

Obvious to some I'm sure.

And fitting since it is on the cusp of the first day of Autumn.

But for me that has significance.

Because when I'm at my lowest and life really hits me hard.

I will find this page.

I will breathe.

I will let the glow of the sunlight recharge me.

The drops of rain nurture me.

The strength of the trees support me.

I will listen to what mother nature has to tell me, show me.

I had this conversation with a woman at the shop a couple of weeks ago.

We both immediately felt at ease talking amongst each other.

The rest of the customers just faded away for the few moments.

We discussed that to be in tune with nature and how nature reacts to life.

How nature can regenerate and has seasons.

How everything cycles and there is no worry about death because life is reborn again.

I mean watch any old National Geographic show on nature.

There is death and there is life.

It is always a cycle.

Nature never really is over.

So why should we perceive the world as being over.

This last sentence is in reference to an article I was just reading and what prompted me to write just now.

"We must actively reject the idea that the world is ending.  There is no denying the dire situation we find ourselves in socially, environmentally, politically, and spiritually, however unless we can first imagine that a better world is possible, we stand no chance of creating it."

Olivia Pepper via Garden Party, Constellations Musings by Sophia Rose



Mind blown.

Or awakened again.

To the possibility of creating a world first through imagination.

One of my favorite movies, "The Never Ending Story," has the main character do just that.

The world he was reading about was essentially forgotten and lost forever except for one small fragment.  

And to start that world back again all he had to do is use his imagination and make wishes to bring this once beautiful world back to life.

So anyone reading this right now.

What would you like to wish for to bring this world a fresh start.

A new beginning.

It can start with you.

So what will it be today?


~~~


Post a Comment

© Wild Side of the Moon. Design by Fearne.