13th Avenue

Wednesday, April 5, 2017



My number is 13.

Not because I'm evil...

But because I was born on 1. 03

It's a lucky number to me.

And Josh just happens to have the same birthday.

SO

When a house came up for rent that was just 3 blocks to the ocean.

And it accepted pets (which is really hard for some reason here).

AND it didn't have a lick of carpet anywhere.

AND it was located on 13th Avenue

Well we jumped on it.

And somehow, even though we were late to the appointment to view it.

I mean.

I know what you're thinking.

ALWAYS late.  

It freaking snowed on us on the way out there.

I had to drive Gertie all by myself in the SNOW.

And Josh drove the UHaul behind me.

I'm from Texas.

I can't see in snow.

How can I drive in snow?

On windy roads with mudslides and black ice and I don't have chains on my tires.

Well.

I did.

But we got to our appointment 30 minutes late.

And we still got the house.

I'm telling you, 13 is a lucky number for me.

So now, after almost a full month of being in this house.

We love it.

It's quiet and safe on a dead end street right off the main drag.

We are just three blocks to the beach past a little park and over a river.

A chill, retro modern beach dwelling

The only mid-century modern home in the hood with it's own style including a butterfly roof.

I'm quite smitten.

View from front door looking into living area and dining/ breakfast nook.

View from front door with lighting to show outdoor views.

Living Room
Fireplace Detail

Dining/ Breakfast Nook

Looking toward front door from dining/ breakfast nook
Kitchen 

Dining/ Breakfast Nook
Hall/ Gallery Wall

Yoga/ Gym Room

Master Bedroom

Music/ Office Room



Post a Comment

© Wild Side of the Moon. Design by Fearne.