Game Plan Revised

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Sitting at Coffee Girl looking at the ocean in Astoria, planning where we were going to live.

Cold and overcast but there was just something about this little coastal town.

I had it in my head that we were going to move to Portland.

It will be awesome, I said.

We will just walk everywhere and experience what downtown life is all about.

A coffee shop below our pad.

Doggie daycare just 10 blocks away.

Parks everywhere.

Dispensaries everywhere.

Breweries everywhere.

Adorable boutiques just waiting for me to drool over everything.

And when we want to head to the coast it's less than a 2 hour drive!

Well.

After our Portland UHaul drop-off experience that left little to smile about.

We just didn't have a taste for city life.

Traffic blew.

Everything was kinda dirty looking.

Hipsters rode their bicycles at lightening speeds.

And I kept thinking to myself as I sat in Gertie (my MINI Cooper) after dropping off the trailer on our way back to Stevenson, WA.

Is this right for us?

It really doesn't feel good.

I couldn't see us living there anymore.

So once we got back to Stevenson our game plan changed.

Josh didn't feel excited about Portland either.

So where do we go?

We have an entire 15 foot UHaul with all of our belongings and a rental that is up in less than a week.

So I googled best, cool places to live in Oregon.

I didn't find anything.

But upon deeper searching I found a list of 

Astoria made that list.

Scenery - check
Architecture - check
History - check
Beach - check

So we had to go check it out.

We found the most awesome daycare for Hanz.

I'd seriously stay there if they had an AirBnB hook up.

I mean they have green rolling hills, a red barn, horses, ducks, a garden, a gorgeous farmhouse set up on the hillside... flowers...  a pond... I mean.  Seriously.

So while Hanz played all day in in doggie delight.

We drove toward Astoria.

Into the rain.

Into the cold.

Right to the coast.

And every mile we got closer.

Our excitement heightened.

And it just felt right.











Post a Comment

© Wild Side of the Moon. Design by Fearne.